Omnivorous Foragers Gone Wild at Idaho Pastures!
We are actively developing and expanding our Silvopasture system here at Idaho Pastures. A Silvopasture (Latin, silva forest) is the practice of integrating trees, forage, and the grazing of domesticated animals in a mutually beneficial way. It utilizes the principles of managed grazing, and it is one of several distinct forms of agroforestry.
Raising our birds in this environment is a WIN for you and our flocks of poultry!
- Our girls are in a setting that recreates their original forest habitat. They delight in foraging throughout the entire day in our beautiful North Idaho forest.
- This regenerative environment provides them with an abundant supply of bugs, young plants, grass, seeds, and other delightful tidbits.
- Abundant fresh water and the highest quality local non-GMO chicken feed are also always available to the ladies. No antibiotics or hormones, ever.
- This provides them the best possible animal welfare conditions. Their life in our Poultry Paradise is far more humane than most chicken farms and they enjoy better living conditions than many feral chickens out in the wild.
- The result is healthy, happy chickens that produce highly sought after eggs that boast thick shells, vibrant egg yolks rich in flavor and vitamins, and a taste out of this world.
Let’s talk about your egg storage!
- All of our eggs contain their natural bloom. The bloom seals the egg from the outside world. They are safe and fresh during their transport. That’s right, they do not need to be refrigerated!
- Once you receive your eggs, you can store them on your countertop or put them in the refrigerator.
- Eggs will vary in size from small to large.
- You are receiving fresh eggs. That is, we collect our eggs daily and ship several times per week. The only way to get fresher eggs is to have your own flock!